Friday, May 21, 2010

No Cheering for the Home Team

Anyone who knows my husband knows he is a big Chicago Cubs fan.  Soooo, when we went to Busch Stadium to see the Cardinals play the Houston Astros....well he just couldn't bring himself to root for them.  Just couldn't do it.  And imagine his reaction when I went and got this.....


I think his response was "What the F***!!!!!"  LOL!  I don't harbor any ill will against the Cardinals ( I reserve that energy for the Yankees and the Giants!)....so I had no problem with this. 

The game we attended was a day game and there was a threat of thunderstorms.  Luckily they never materialized but it sure was humid.   I did take my usual walkabout of the stadium to take photos and such.  I made one observation while I was here that I felt necessary to share with Russell....
Budweiser is the beer of choice here.  You know...just in case he was confused ;)  

The stadium was really pretty cool.  What I found interesting about it was that you could not see it on the skyline of the city.  It's kind of sunken down into the ground and you just walk up on it.  Interesting.   Here are a few photos from my walkabout.







Oh, and in case anyone is wondering....the Cardinals lost.   And Russell was very happy!

1 comment:

Lori Renn said...

Looks like the trip is revolving around beer and baseball. Now that's a win win as far as I'm concerned! Great pictures!