Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
As I went through the day today
I could not help but think about
How I felt that day 7 years ago
And how much about it has been forgotten
The flags were at half staff
And there were memorials
But I think many Americans have forgotten
About the horrors of that day....how they felt
And the importance to guard against
Those who want to do harm to us.
I was sent a video which was a wonderful memorial
To those lost.
I would like to post it and wanted to forward it.
However, I had to stopped for a moment
And worry about who I might offend.
It was a dreadful moment in our country's history,
But sometimes we need a reminder of exactly what we lost that day.
I pray for those who lost love ones that day,
For every person in this country who was affected by those actions....
(That would probably be everyone.....)
For our President and for our troops so far away.
God Bless America!!!!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
I have been tagged by my friend Lori to list the six best things about this summer of 08. I have to say I had a very tough time as it has not been one of my best summers but I managed to come up with the following:
1. I picked the winner of the Belmont Stakes and won a boat load of money. Yep, I picked the horse that upset Big Brown in his quest for the Triple Crown....well it wasn't much of an upset since Big Brown finished last.......
2. The Diamondbacks were able to hold on to first place....by a thread. (Not anymore though....the Dodgers just went up by a half a game.....damn that Manny!!!!)
3. I got to spend a few days soaking up the sun in San Diego.
4. My son graduated from the Academy and he is on to an exciting career!!!
5. Michael Phelps won EIGHT gold medals (Woo Hoo!!)
6. John McCain is the Republican candidate for President ( and I couldn't be happier!!)
And that is my summer in a nutshell!!
btw....I read alot of blogs but I don't really have any internet friends so I have no one to tag....
Monday, September 1, 2008
The letter basically implies that Hurricane Gustav is retribution to the Republicans.
This is proof that I read too much on the internet.
And I should just bury my head in the sand and block out the entire world.
Or maybe there's room for me on the space station.
Then I don't have to listen to all this nonsense.