Thursday, October 6, 2011

Words to Live by: "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."

I think by now everyone from every corner of the world knows that Steve Jobs died yesterday. 
And there have been many tributes all over the internet. 
As I was perusing Facebook last night I saw the same quote from Mr. Jobs. 
It was from a  commencement speech he gave at Stanford University. 
I had never heard the quote before but it really reasonated with me. 
So, of course, I had to google the speech so I could read the whole thing. 
The speech in it's entirety is equally amazing. 
It may have been addressed to a group of twenty-something newly minted college graduates,
but it's content applies to everyone regardless of where we are in life. 
As a 50 year old embarking on a new career, I especially found the words inspiring. 

I've attached a copy of the entire text of the speech. 
Just cuz it's a good piece to go back and read regularly. 
Someday, in the near future, I will blog about my favorite line from the speech. 
But, for now, I will just leave you with the link. 


They are truly words to live by.......

No comments: