Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Favorite.....So Far!

This past December I was perusing the Flickr GrannySquares Pool looking for inspiration when I came across this blanket

It was instant love.   Of course, this is not unusual for me.  I seem to fall in love everyday when I love at crochet creations.  

But, for some reason, this one was different.  I had to make it......now! 

So I studied it carefully, determined what yarns were needed, and went to work on it.  And pretty soon I had a big stack of granny squares. 



And then February came......
And the stack just sat there waiting patiently to be joined. 
Well, I finally got it all put together.....
Finally. 
And this is the final product.



And I think I fell in love all over again......





And it now has a special place on my sofa. 



Within my reach when I am just sitting there watching TV. 
It's also within reach of the doggies.....
They totally loved snuggling up under the blanket as I was joining
the squares together. 
I with I had gotten a picture of them...it was so cute!
Yeah, I'm one of those people....the dogs are my little humans. 
But hey...cut me some slack....
Grandchildren are not in my near future!! 

Anyways....it is done...
And I thank Amanda for the inspiration!

10 comments:

~Niki~ said...

the olive color is fabulous! lovely!

The Craft Attic said...

Wendy, this truely is a work of art, the colours are fantastic and work so well together, sit back put your feed up, have a cuddle with your pooches and relax, you deserve it!!

cathy said...

I love the traditional granny square. Seem like that is all I make. Love yours, love the green as the main color.

Eileen said...

OMG! This is just gorgeous. What a lovely inspiration. Now I want to make one! I love the colors and the large squares.

Samara Link said...

Wendy, this quilt is amazing!! The colors, the pattern, the thickness, and the size. It's all perfect. You are so talented!

Just wanted to say hello ... thanks for your comment yesterday about the HOA. I thought the exact same thing when I saw it! :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Sandy said...

What a lovely granny square blanket! Thanks so much for visiting me and becoming a follower! I love finding new crochet friends.

Eileen said...

Hi Wendy,

Hello and congrats! You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award. You can find more about it here: Crochet Attic
or here: Stylish Blogger Award

Regards,
Eileen

Unknown said...

What a stunning blanket, I love the colours you used (they're divine).

Where did you get your yarn?

xxh

Wendy said...

Thanks Ladies for the nice comments. Heidi- The yarn I used was Vanna's Choice. There are also a couple of colors in there from Hobby Lobby's "I love this Yarn". Both can be obtained on-line. I hope that helps.

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

I'm not sure how I missed this - but I ♥ your granny square blanket. I feel very honored that my blanket inspired such a wonderful creation!!!