Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The "Drinking" Trail

Eight years ago when we visited Boston for the first time, we walked the Freedom Trail.  I decided that I wanted to do it again and pay more attention this time.  Did I pay attention?  Well, yes.....I now know where the oldest tavern in the country is located ;)  Really, I didn't know that before!! 

So, we decided to take this little walk on, like, the hottest day of the year in Boston.  With the heat, it pretty much sucked.  We stopped every couple of blocks for liquid refreshment.  We went and saw the grave of Sam Adams.......



Then we went here and had a Sam Adams......


Of course, after a few more blocks of walking we had to stop at the oldest tavern because when you're a beer afficiado (sp?) like my husband you have got to have a beer at the oldest tavern in America!!! 



Of course, we did manage to see some sights.  We walked through the North End.  I'm still sad that I didn't think to get a picture of my favorite place there (think Italian Pastry!).   We came back a couple of days later and had some yummy Italian food.



We visited Paul Revere's house.



We went to Bunker Hill....


We even climbed to the top of the monument where I got this crappy photo and some wicked painful leg cramps



We also went to the Old North Church.....



Where we saw this t-shirt hanging in an adjacent souvenir ...



Note: The Lakers were still playing the Suns at the time.  I really wish the Suns could have made this shirt irrelevant. GRRRRRR.......

Well....that was the Freedom Trail.  When we were done we felt...hmmmm.....free... and thirsty :)  You can only guess what happened next!


No comments: