Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tweet Tweet



Well I went and did it. 
What I said I would never do...
What is that, you say? 
I started a Twitter account. 

Well, actually, I would be lying if I said that I just started the account. 
I opened the account, oh, about five years ago. 
Back when Twitter was in it's infantile stages.
When all the uber-cool bloggers were raving about this new social networking thing. 
So, I opened an account. 
Because I too wanted to be uber-cool. 
And then I did nothing with it. 
Because I just did not get it. 
Does everyone really need to know what I'm doing every minute of the day?????
And does anyone care????
Probably not. 

What changed?
Nothing really. 
I'm pretty sure no one cares about what I have to say. 
But I do enjoying what other people have to say. 
So I have become a stalker.
A Twitter stalker....hee. hee. 
Does that sound creepy enough? 
Oh, trust me, my sarcastic nature makes me want to post. 
To post what I am going every five minutes. 
Just to screw with the whole system. 
I think it would look something like this....

"Just got up, brushed my teeth, and went to the bathroom"
"My honey brought me coffee in bed"
"Crocheting and watching the TODAY show." 
"Matt Lauer is a doofus"
"Just finished two rounds on granny square blanket."
"Changed colors.  Next round." 
"Fed dogs."
"Brad Pitt is a knucklehead." 

Ahem....you get my drift...
Anyways, I decided that this would not be a good idea for two reasons. 
I would need a smart phone to tweet from some of those inopportune places I might find myself in. 
And I only have two followers. 
Some person I have never ever heard of....and my daughter. 
I don't think my daughter would appreciate hearing EVERYTHING I do in a day. 
I think there are things she wouldn't ever want to know....

So, for now, I will just be the Twitter stalker.  ;-)


No comments: