Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Little Word......2011

Every 365 days a phenomenal event occurs.....There is a new year.  The calendar resets itself and we all have a chance for a new beginning.  A fresh start. 

There are a few things I do plan on doing this year.  Things that are totally new.  Totally different. 

I wasn't going to make any resolutions.  But then I changed my mind. 

I am beginning 2011 with a word.  For several years now I have followed this blog.  Every year, the author always comes up with a word to focus on for the upcoming year.  I actually rolled my eyes at this concept for a couple of reasons.  For one thing, it seems as though everybody latched onto this idea....and I'm not a girl who likes to do what everybody is doing.  The other thing is that it seemed so "Oprahish".  It's like everyone is trying to be the next Oprah, and lets face there is only ONE Oprah. 

Well this year I changed my mind.  And for good reason.  You see, this year is going to be a monumental year for me.  A monumental event is occurring that warrants my word.  My word for 2011 is actually a number.  My word is......


Yep, that's right....it's fifty.  Because in a few short weeks I will join the ranks of "AARP"dom.  Now many may think this is a negative thing because really it is just a number.  But rather than acting like the number is a scary thing that I'd like to ignore I plan on charging head on right into it. 

It is, like I said, very monumental.  One cannot reach such an important milestone and not take time for reflection.  I'm sure I will be engaging in plenty of reflection in the year ahead.  And I really don't mind who comes along for the ride......

No comments: