Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookies - Part Deux

So yesterday was day two of cookie making and there are already enough cookies for a couple of armies!!   On the menu were Chocolate Chip Cookies, Polvorones (a type of Mexican Wedding Cookies), and more Ginger Snaps (The recipe I used Saturday was so awesome I decided to make more!). 

The Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe came from Allrecipes (again!!).  It can be found here.  Of course, after reading the comments, I couldn't resist tweaking the recipe a bit.  Instead of three cups of flour, I added two cups of flour and one cup of ground oatmeal ( I grounded it using my blender).  Also, instead of salt, I added 1/2 tsp cream of tartar.  Everything else stayed the same and here's how they turned out....


And yes, they taste as good as they look!!  Probably the best chocolate cookie recipe I have ever made. 

Today, I will be making more of these.....



Polvorones!!  And also Sugar Cookies and Peanut Butter Cookies!  There's a little story about my Polvorone making adventure that involves the Pioneer Woman.  But that's a story for tomorrow. 

For now I am off again to make a total mess of kitchen!!  My husband will be so happy.

No comments: