Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let There Be Crochet!!



I guess I have dropped the ball on crochet projects so far this year.  Actually, in between school assignments, I have been working on a few projects.
It's just that the projects have been on the down-low so to speak. 
They were special surprises for a very special girl. 
And I didn't want to ruin the surprise, so I waited to post the finished products here. 
Well, they are surprises no more.
So without further ado....
May I present my only the second and third baby blankets I have ever completed!  (yeah! you read right) 




The pattern for this blanket came from the book A Year of Afghans, 1997.  I loved it because the blanket looks so detailed but it was actually a very easy pattern.  The yarn I used was Red Heart Soft Baby Steps.  I liked using this yarn because it is a little thicker than most baby yarn and it is very, very soft. 

Here is the other blanket: 






Just a simple granny square.  The yarn I used was Vanna's Baby Yarn. 
Yep, I'm a big fan of the thicker yarns.  I just find the baby yarn too thin.  At least for blankets. 
Now I know that the blankets don't really give a clue about the gender of my first grandbaby but
I'm pretty sure my next project will......


Yeah.....I don't see a baby boy wearing this....Lol! 
So, yes, it is a girl! 
And I had the extra added pleasure of saying "I knew it"!  The phrase every daughter loves to hear.
What can I say.  She was thinking "boy".  I was thinking (and hoping) "girl". 
I win.  Well, I guess it wasn't really a contest.....
Anyways, I spied these cute little diapers covers on pinterest and I knew I had to get my hands on this pattern.  The pattern is by Little Abbee.  Her etsy shop can be found here
I think the pattern was like $3.99.  Not bad at all.
I made a few of these and it took me only an hour to an hour and a half to whip one up. 
And they are just so stinking cute!  

Anyways, that is all the crochet that I have finished. 
Of course, I still have all those works in progress lying around.  Go figure! 

Hope you all have a marvelous Wednesday!

No comments: