Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time Flies.....

So I was reading an interview earlier today with a high profile blogger. 
One of her pieces of advice for blog success??
Update often....at least 3 to 4 times a week. 
Hmmmm... well I guess I'm never going to be the uber-blogger....
Oh...but I have an excuse....
I'm old and times flies when you get older.
Hee...is it a good excuse. 
Well, not really...but I'm going to use it every chance I get. 
But really, time has flown the last few weeks. 
I really don't know where it went. 
What have I been up to?? 

Well there was another midterm
A power trip to Northern California.
Lots of homework.
Quadratic equations.
Cinco de Mayo.
A career fair.
A controversy (that's for another blog post). 
The Kentucky Derby. 
Piaget's Stages of Cognitive Development.
Mother's Day. 

Where do I start? 
Well in this blog post it I'll start with the California trip. 
We went to see my parents. 
My mother had a little health scare recently. 
So I told my husband that I wanted to head up to see them this summer. 
And then we got the news that my husband would have a much need surgery. 
In May.  Meaning next week. 
We knew he would in no way feel like traveling for a couple of months after the surgery. 
So we literally put together this quick trip. 
A power trip. 
There were so many things that we had planned on doing. 
A Dodger game.
A trip to Paso Robles for wine tasting. 
Sightseeing in Yosemite. 
All those were cut out in the interest of time. 
We had to be back at least a week and a half before the surgery for tests. 
We did manage a little wine tasting along the way and near my parents home.



We visited a couple of wineries in Lodi, CA
Note:  This is what happens when the camera is not on the right setting ;-(



And we also visited this winery near my parents home.
It was once owned by the actress Lillie Langtry.


I don't think these pictures do it justice. 
It was simply beautiful there.
And the wine was excellent too!

And the most important thing.... we had a nice little visit with my parents, my brother, and my niece and nephew (who I have not seen in 10 years!).  It was really great seeing them all! 

We then headed back home by way of Death Valley. 
Yep....Death Valley. 
My husband wanted to see it. 
So off we went. 
And it was nothing like I thought. 
I thought it was going to be completely flat. 
Boy was I wrong! 
It was an "E-ticket" ride down to the flatness. 
Did I ever tell y'all that I am afraid of heights???
Well I am. 
The ride down was winding and narrow. 
Or so it seemed. 
I was very happy to make it to the bottom. 
And this is pretty much what I saw. 



A whole lot of nothing. 
It was an interesting nothing though. 
Hmmm...I wonder if there is any such thing. 

The trip took a week and I felt like I was in the car most of it! 
According to my husband, we logged something like 2500 miles. 
Or something like that....I'm not sure exactly how much. 
He keeps all those stats. 
I just know it was a lot. 

So that's it.....
California in a whirlwind. 

TTFN

No comments: