Monday, July 5, 2010

Be It Ever so Humble......

I'm sure everyone knows the rest....Yes, I am home and it feels so good to be here.   Although I will admit that after experiencing a couple of 114 degree days here in AZ, I am now itching for a beach day!!  Oh well, I guess I will just have to suck it up for a while. 

 
We have been home about a week and a half, and besides arriving just in time for hell in the desert, we were also greeted by some other things.  Some good and some, mmmmm, not so good.  Starting with the good......Our garden took off, or actually, I should say our tomatoes took off.  We came home to lots of these.....

 
 
I do believe I have more tomatoes than I'll be able to eat.  But I am going to try :)
 
We also found these two guys waiting for us. 



I tried to get them to pose together but Khalil didn't want to comply.  Khalil obviously
was not happy about having his picture taken while Nash, on the other hand, was very happy to pose and smile!! 
I was soooo happy to see them.  I was certain that the dog sitter was not going to relinquish them to me.

On the not so good side (pictures not included) we encountered the following:
  • Weeds that were three feet high
  • Air conditioning problems (A $700 fix!)
  • The garage refrigerator was turned off and was growing mold (Yikes!!)
No matter what it is good to be home.  We have started getting back into a routine. 
We've been watching the World Cup and the Tour de France. 
We've also started this again......



Yes, I am back to cursing Mr. Horton.  Oh how I have missed him so....NOT!!  
I'm gonna say taking seven weeks off is not a good idea primarily because I can barely move.  
And I've been ready for bed by 8 o'clock...which reminds me, it's past my bedtime now
so that's all for now!! 

Till next time.....
 


No comments: