Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Ride

On December 28th, the new light rail system started in the Phoenix area. I have taken rides on the public transportation in places like Washington DC, New York, Boston, Chicago, London, and San Diego, and loved them all. So I was really looking forward to taking the train in Phoenix. I took my first ride last Tuesday to downtown Phoenix for lunch with coworkers. After that trip, I decided this would be my primary mode of transportation to work from now on. It was awesome!! There has been much skepticism amongst the car happy citizens but I think they'll come around. I've included a few pictures from that first ride. The second picture was taken by a nice gentleman riding on the train. Bless his heart...he just couldn't figure out my camera!



That's all for now!
~ Wendy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: