Monday, March 9, 2009

Training Day



















Today was a training day.
Training, you say?
Yep, I am in training.
For a roughly 22 mile hike through a "big hole in the ground" (aka, the Grand Canyon)
If it wasn't so beautiful, I'd say I was preparing for a hike from hell!!!

So right now I am aware of every moment I have to prepare for it.
Have done a couple of ten milers in the past month.
I wanted to do another one on Saturday
but my body (and my sinus passages) said no.

So, since I felt better on Monday I decided Piestewa Peak was on my itinerary for the day.
We did the summit trial and then the circumference trail.
Probably not a good idea.
I felt really pretty good.....that is, until I started up the mountain.
It was evident that I was still fighting off whatever gunk was trying to attack. NOT FUN!!
But I did make it. And was fast asleep by 7 p.m.

Here's hoping my future training endeavours feel a lot better!!
I need them to.....or 22 miles is going to suck!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: