Saturday, December 6, 2008

Just a Little Slow

I have to admit.....I am one of those people who has a lose of senses and ventures out into the retail world on Black Friday. I don't go to the malls or Walmart or Target. Nope...I still do have some sense. No....I only go to Michaels because I just can't bear to pass up on 25% off everything in the store (including sales items). I did go to JoAnns one year but that was just ridiculous. No more of that for me!!

Well this year I headed over to Michaels at about 8:30 a.m. and there was barely anyone in the store. Most everything I bought was on sale already for 40% to 50% off. And then with another 25%....well, it was pretty much worth my while.

And then I sunk into the abyss.....I headed over to the local scrapbook store. Now I am not really a project person. I don't alter anything or make any little mini books unless I have a specific need for them. But Christmas is different. Every year I see some project I just have to do....and I drive all over trying to find the supplies. This year is no different. This year's project is this little creation I spied at the Scrapbook Barn on Black Friday.


























A really cool Advent calendar. Loved it the moment I saw it.....and I'm still working on it!!! December 1st has come and gone, and I am still working on it. I swear I am soooo slow at these things it is amazing I get anything done! Anyways, I have to finish this project, get my Christmas cards sent out, and do a little decorating. All while fighting off this sinus thing I woke up with. UGH!!


Well....I think I better get started....since it's 2 p.m. already!!

No comments: