Sunday, November 9, 2008

Veteran's Day

It's funny, whenever Veteran's Day comes along each year I am reminded that I, too, am a veteran. What's funny about it is that I never really consider myself a veteran. Yes, I spent seven years in the United States Air Force. But I was in the military during more peaceful times.

When I think about Veterans, I think about my father-in-law who served in Vietnam or my brother who was deployed to Iraq or my niece who served in the Persian Gulf. In fact I think of anyone who has served in the past eight years as a Veteran. I believe it takes great courage to enlist in the military and give so much of yourself during such uncertain times. And unfortunately I don't think it's going to get better for those in the military.....so my hats off to them. We should all be thankful for their service.

Not to change the subject....but I have added another blog link to my list. That of Stephanie Ackerman. She is the editor of Homegrown Hospitality. I just love her blog and I love her writing!!. I was perusing her blog this morning and came across this entry from a few days ago. It rang so true with me.

Well....that's all for now....

~Wendy

1 comment:

Lori Renn said...

Thanks for serving Wendy! K has interview for a Phx company today. Did you get the journal I sent you??