Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

The other day I was driving home and saw the following saying on a billboard in front of a church.

"LENT.....SPRING TRAINING FOR CHRISTIANS."

I chuckled and wished I had a camera ready to take a picture. The saying is so true though. It really is like spring training. Those six weeks of preparation before Easter are sometimes the toughest time of the year. I struggle to stay away from all those things I love most and right now I am exercising unbelievable restraint in keeping myself from wanting to soak in a big tub of chocolate even though I now can.

When I think of the sacrifice made by Christ....I know that giving up chocolate, lattes, and wine pale in comparison. And it was all worth the sacrifice come Easter morning in celebrating the resurrection of the Savior.

Not if you'll excuse me....I'm going to go sink my mouth into a lovely See's scotchmallow egg. YUM!

Happy Easter!!

No comments: