Sunday, October 17, 2010

On This Date 29 Years Ago: Arkansas beat Texas

Actually....they spanked Texas. It was brutal.  How do I know this?  I lived in Arkansas at the time.  The state went absolutely nutso.  Now if I wasn't a football fan I would have thought they were going crazy over something far more momentous.....something super spectacular....something just off the charts. 

On this date, 29 years ago, I became a mother.  I became a mother to this cute and cuddling little creature.

 

Who grew up to be this dazzling creature.........


Yes, I truly think she was worth all the fuss.

Of course, 29 years ago, my doctor probably thought she was a selfish little annoying snot even before she took her first breath.  Which takes me back to Arkansas and Texas.  You see, after a long time of laboring, it was determined that she was not eager to enter the world by the conventional means. No, she wanted to make sure she was beautiful the very minute she made her entrance (hence the future obsessions with beauty magazines and staying out of the sun).  It was determined that there would be a C-Section.  The problem was this little ole football game which was important to all Arkansans, near and far.  Including, yes you guessed it, THE DOCTOR. 

Ummmmm.....ma'am, would you mind waiting until half time.  I can't remember my exact response at the time but I think that, in light of the pain I was in, it was something along the lines of "ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?"  Because I have learned that laboring women (or at least this laboring woman) do like to cuss.....alot. 

Needless to say, we did not wait for halftime to be wheeled into the operating room and get that lovely spinal anesthetia (sp?).  Yes, my girl made me proud that day.  She inherited her momma's determination and she stood her ground....even on when she was coming in the world.  

I cannot imagine my life without her. 

Happy Birthday, Manda Panda Bear.  I Love You!!!



No comments: